Trash or Treasure? It’s time to clean house!
Getting to the nearest donation drop-off site, or better yet, the dump, is something that few of us find time to do. Bulky items like old vacuum cleaners, furniture, scrap wood and empty paint cans take up valuable space in our garages and in our homes.
Not only will you feel great about clearing out unwanted stuff, you’ll feel good about the contribution you make to your Brooklyn neighborhood!
Where? 16th & SE Center Mixed Waste: $10-$15 for small pick up loads $20-25 for large loads Yard Debris: $10 (more for large loads) Each vehicle will be quoted a price before unloading.
Accepted: Tires: $5 without rims, $8 with rims
Prohibited Materials: Hazardous waste, all construction, remodeling or demolition materials; kitchen garbage and curbside recyclables
Examples of high risk construction materials suspected of containing asbestos:
- Flooring: vinyl tiles, vinyl sheet, mastic
- Walls: plaster, decorative plaster
- Siding: cement siding shingles “transite”
- Ceilings: acoustical tiles, “popcorn” and spray-on texture
- Insulation: spray-applied, blown-in, vermiculite, pipe, HVAC and lagging
- Electrical: wire insulation, panel partitions
- Other: fire doors, fire brick, fire-proofing
Do you need help getting your stuff there? Call the HelpLine at 503-241-4540. We can help
Volunteers are needed, please call the Brooklyn Help Line now and reserve your time.
Clean up sponsored by METRO and the BAC