Brooklyn “Movie in the Park”
Thursday – August 11th
Brooklyn Neighborhood Park
MOVIE BEGIN AT DUSK. Pre-movie entertainment begins at 6:30 PM, including live performances by local musicians (Echoes of Yasgurs
) and free popcorn. Bring jackets or extra blankets, as it gets chilly when the sun goes down!
“Movies in the Park” is sponsored by your Brooklyn Neighborhood Association along with Portland Parks and Recreation
Download latest newsletter….. Click here
The latest newsletter is available for download here
Bullseye Glass in Brooklyn NeighborhoodDo you feel that you should have a test done to be sure your family has not been impacted by the air quality from Bullseye Glasses?
If you are concerned about exposure, talk to your healthcare provider to make the best choice for your health. The Oregon Health Plan (OHP) will cover urine cadmium testing for members who live in the highest-risk areas, as will most private insurance plans.
For Oregon residents who live, work, or go to school or day care within one-half mile of Bullseye Glass Company or Uroboros Glass, Oregon Health Authority (OHA) will cover the cost of urine cadmium testing.
In order to be tested, please follow these steps:
- Call 971-673-3308 (9:00 am to 4:00 pm, M-F) to determine if you qualify.
- OHA staff will collect some basic information and provide directions to a clinic where you can submit a urine specimen for testing.
Depending on the result of your test, the following actions will be taken:
- If no urine cadmium is detected, a letter will be mailed to you within 3 weeks.
- If urine cadmium is detected, your results will be forward to your primary care provider (PCP). If you do not have a PCP, our environmental health assessment program will help identify a provider who can help explain your results and any need for follow up.
The deadline for the FREE testing is April 30th .
Download the latest BrookNews Mar 2016
Latest version of the Newsletter is available for downlaoding
Latest Newsletter is available for download
BrookNews Sept 15 PDF
We still have a few X-Lrg Brooklyn t-shirts available for $10.00 each.
Call the HelpLine at 503/241-4540
The Brooklyn Action Corps Sponsors the
“ICE CREAM SOCIAL IN THE PARK” 1–4 pm
Sunday, September 13, 2015
Many activities are planned so mark your calendar!
Help is needed for setup and take down.
Call the HelpLine 503/241-4540
Gather your neighbors and family and friends and join together in the Brooklyn Park.
- Ice cream bars/cones/popsicles will again be featured for 25¢
- Bouncer, Face Painter, Balloon Sculptor, Rock Wall .
- Special music feature will be the return of the Yamhillbillies.
- Free Raffle offering PRIZES for kids and adults.
- The Meals on Wheels People are proud to be a Brooklyn resident and they are back with hot dogs, hamburgers, cheese burgers, chips and drinks.
Be a part of the Annual Brooklyn Ice Cream Social! We are seeking neighborhood groups, artisans, businesses and residents to set up information and/or sales booths at the Social. Booth space is free, but you will need to bring your own table.
If any Brooklyn business would like to offer gift certificates for the raffle, please e-mail:
The new Farmers Market will make its entrance on the Brooklyn scene Friday July 17. The market is located at 3338 SE Milwaukie Ave. It will feature premium local products from the Pacific Northwest and will be open Fridays 3pm – 7pm and Saturdays 9am – 2pm until November. The Market manager, Tyler Germann, welcomes his new neighbors to stop by and check it out.