Bullseye Glass in Brooklyn NeighborhoodDo you feel that you should have a test done to be sure your family has not been impacted by the air quality from Bullseye Glasses?
If you are concerned about exposure, talk to your healthcare provider to make the best choice for your health. The Oregon Health Plan (OHP) will cover urine cadmium testing for members who live in the highest-risk areas, as will most private insurance plans.
For Oregon residents who live, work, or go to school or day care within one-half mile of Bullseye Glass Company or Uroboros Glass, Oregon Health Authority (OHA) will cover the cost of urine cadmium testing.
In order to be tested, please follow these steps:
- Call 971-673-3308 (9:00 am to 4:00 pm, M-F) to determine if you qualify.
- OHA staff will collect some basic information and provide directions to a clinic where you can submit a urine specimen for testing.
Depending on the result of your test, the following actions will be taken:
- If no urine cadmium is detected, a letter will be mailed to you within 3 weeks.
- If urine cadmium is detected, your results will be forward to your primary care provider (PCP). If you do not have a PCP, our environmental health assessment program will help identify a provider who can help explain your results and any need for follow up.
The deadline for the FREE testing is April 30th .
Download the latest BrookNews Mar 2016
Latest version of the Newsletter is available for downlaoding
Latest Newsletter is available for download
BrookNews Sept 15 PDF
We still have a few X-Lrg Brooklyn t-shirts available for $10.00 each.
Call the HelpLine at 503/241-4540
The Brooklyn Action Corps Sponsors the
“ICE CREAM SOCIAL IN THE PARK” 1–4 pm
Sunday, September 13, 2015
Many activities are planned so mark your calendar!
Help is needed for setup and take down.
Call the HelpLine 503/241-4540
Gather your neighbors and family and friends and join together in the Brooklyn Park.
- Ice cream bars/cones/popsicles will again be featured for 25¢
- Bouncer, Face Painter, Balloon Sculptor, Rock Wall .
- Special music feature will be the return of the Yamhillbillies.
- Free Raffle offering PRIZES for kids and adults.
- The Meals on Wheels People are proud to be a Brooklyn resident and they are back with hot dogs, hamburgers, cheese burgers, chips and drinks.
Be a part of the Annual Brooklyn Ice Cream Social! We are seeking neighborhood groups, artisans, businesses and residents to set up information and/or sales booths at the Social. Booth space is free, but you will need to bring your own table.
If any Brooklyn business would like to offer gift certificates for the raffle, please e-mail:
The new Farmers Market will make its entrance on the Brooklyn scene Friday July 17. The market is located at 3338 SE Milwaukie Ave. It will feature premium local products from the Pacific Northwest and will be open Fridays 3pm – 7pm and Saturdays 9am – 2pm until November. The Market manager, Tyler Germann, welcomes his new neighbors to stop by and check it out.
Do you sometimes think that the Brooklyn Neighborhood is a bit warmer than our neighboring areas? You may be right in assuming this according to a study by a PSU professor and reported on KGW news on July 8th.
The Professor has done an extensive collection of data and found that Brooklyn is one of the hottest neighborhoods (temperature wise) in Portland.
What contributes to this phenomenon? Watch this Channel 8 video report and form your own conclusion. Is it the lack of tree canopies or the accumulation of excess concrete, or some other fact?
Check this full report that addresses climate change.
Articles of interest: Down Load Here
Calendar of events
Introduction of new BAC board members
Movie in the Park
National Night Out
FootPatrol needs volunteers
ICE CREAM SOCIAL In THE PARK
Brooklyn Park Pub hosts event
Haul-Away is huge success
R2D2 Comes to SE Portland
Open house on the Orange Line
Close out SALE
Limited inventory of XLrge at $10.00
Call the HelpLine .. 503/241-4540
We have a limited supply of X-Large t-shirts to be sold below cost to eliminate our inventory. While they last … the price is $10.00. This may be the only time these Tees can be purchased at this price. Call the HelpLine to reserve yours at 503/241-4540. This price is for the XL shirts only.
Standard Website price is $33.99