Trash or treasure? It’s time to clean house!
Getting to the nearest donation drop-off site or better yet, the dump, is something that few of us find time to do. Bulky items like old vacuum cleaners, furniture, and scrap wood take up valuable space in our garages and in our homes.
Not only will you feel great about clearing out unwanted stuff, you will feel good about the contribution you make to your Brooklyn neighborhood!
SE 16th Ave & SE Center St
Each vehicle will be quoted a price before unloading.
- Mixed waste: $20 for small loads, $30 and up for large loads
- Tires: $5 without rims, $8 with rims
Recycling and donations
We are accepting the following items for recycling this year. In order for us to accept them, they must be clean and separated from the trash you are bringing to dispose of.
- Household batteries
- Plastic and metal bottle caps
- Styrofoam (cups, coolers, packaging, etc)
- #6 plastic clamshells
Small, gently used electronics will be accepted for donation to Free Geek, at discretion of volunteers; electronics will not be accepted as trash.
- Hazardous waste
- Remodeling or demolition materials
- Kitchen garbage
- Curbside recyclables
- Yard debris
Examples of high risk construction materials suspected of containing asbestos are not accepted:
- Flooring: vinyl tiles, vinyl sheet, mastic
- Walls: plaster, decorative plaster
- Siding: cement siding shingles
- Ceilings: acoustical tiles, “popcorn” and spray-on texture
- Insulation: spray-applied, blown-in, vermiculite, pipe and HVAC
- Electrical: wire insulation, panel partitions
- Other: fire doors, fire brick, fire-proofing
Help and questions
Do you need help getting your stuff there or want to volunteer to help? Contact the BAC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since SE Uplift no longer helps with the cost of the dumpsters, the BAC would like to thank realtor, Melaney Dittler, for a donation covering the cost this year. Thank you!