Trash or treasure? It’s time to clean house!
Getting to the nearest donation drop-off site or better yet, the dump, is something that few of us find time to do. Bulky items like old vacuum cleaners, furniture, and scrap wood take up valuable space in our garages and in our homes.
Not only will you feel great about clearing out unwanted stuff, you will feel good about the contribution you make to your Brooklyn neighborhood!
SE 16th Ave & SE Center St
Each vehicle will be quoted a price before unloading.
- Mixed waste: $20 for small loads, $30 and up for large loads
- Tires: $5 without rims, $8 with rims
We are accepting the following items for recycling this year. In order for us to accept them, they must be clean and separated from the trash you are bringing to dispose of.
- Styrofoam: Must be #6 packing styrofoam (clean and dry)
Or styrofoam food trays (clean and dry)
- Clothes: Clean, wearable clothes will be donated to the
Transition Project (Willamette Shelter in Sellwood) or
Portland Public Schools Clothes Closet. Clothes with tears or holes will be taken to a fabric recycler.
- Scrap Metal: Clean and metal only (will be taken at volunteer’s discretion)
- Paint: Accepting household paint in original labeled, solid containers but no rusted cans. 1 gallon size or smaller.
Small, gently used electronics will be accepted for donation to Free Geek, at discretion of volunteers; electronics will not be accepted as trash.
Please save saleable items for the Friends of Brooklyn Park. Rummage Sale on June 17 & 18 (see May–June 2022 Newsletter). Refundable cans and bottles can also be dropped off and will benefit Friends of Brooklyn Park.
- Hazardous waste
- Remodeling or demolition materials
- Kitchen garbage
- Curbside recyclables
- Yard debris
Examples of high risk construction materials suspected of containing asbestos are not accepted:
- Flooring: vinyl tiles, vinyl sheet, mastic
- Walls: plaster, decorative plaster
- Siding: cement siding shingles
- Ceilings: acoustical tiles, “popcorn” and spray-on texture
- Insulation: spray-applied, blown-in, vermiculite, pipe and HVAC
- Electrical: wire insulation, panel partitions
- Other: fire doors, fire brick, fire-proofing
Help and questions
Do you need help getting your stuff there or want to volunteer to help? Contact the BAC at firstname.lastname@example.org.