Brooklyn Action Corps
The Brooklyn Action Corps is a neighborhood organization whose purpose is to better the community by working together toward the solution of its social, physical, and economic problems. The Board is active in all that affects the greater good of the Neighborhood.
The BAC is responsible for two types of meetings: Board Meetings and General Membership Meetings. Board Meetings are held every month; General Meetings are scheduled six times a year.
All members of the community are invited to join the BAC and serve as a volunteer board member or committee member. Board membership requires a commitment of 2 to 3 hours per month. For board eligibility requirements and more info, please see the BAC bylaws.
To support the BAC, see our Donate page.
Brooklyn Helpline phone: (971) 222-9454
Brooklyn Action Corps
PO Box 42341
Portland, OR 97242
All meetings will be held online until further notice.
Board meetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday every month at Sacred Heart Villa Community Room (3911 SE Milwaukie Ave) starting at 7:00 PM. Board meetings are open to the public.
General (public) meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday on odd-numbered months at Sacred Heart Villa Community Room (3911 SE Milwaukie Ave) starting at 7:00 PM.
Committee meetings vary by committee, but typically occur at least monthly.
If you need accommodations for any meeting (such as ASL or other translation), please contact us in advance of the meeting to discuss.
Board of Directors
- Guy Berliner: Board member
- Melaney Dittler: Vice Chair; Community Connections Committee Chair
- Josh Hetrick: Chair; Land Use & Transportation Committee Chair
- John Karabaic: Secretary
- Marie Phillippi: Board member
- Kimberléa Ruffu: Board member; Equity & Social Justice Committee Chair
- Jone van Rees: Board member
- Tim Walsh: Treasurer
- David Ward: Board member
- Stuart Zeltzer: Board member
- Brooklyn Historical Society: currently vacant
- Central Eastside Industrial Council (CEIC) railroad and land use committees: Melaney Dittler
- Friends of Brooklyn Park: Melaney Dittler
- Greater Brooklyn Business Association (GBBA): Melaney Dittler
- Inner Powell Alliance: Melaney Dittler, Josh Hetrick
- Portland Neighbors for Diesel Action (PNDA): Guy Berliner
- Southeast Uplift: Stuart Zeltzer, Tim Walsh
- Southeast Uplift Land Use & Transportation Committee: Melaney Dittler, Josh Hetrick
- Marie Phillippi: Editor
- many volunteers: delivery