Brooklyn Action Corps
The Brooklyn Action Corps is a neighborhood organization whose purpose is to better the community by working together toward the solution of its social, physical, and economic problems. The Board is active in all that affects the greater good of the Neighborhood.
The BAC is responsible for two types of meetings: Board Meetings and General Membership Meetings. Board Meetings are held every month; General Meetings are scheduled six times a year.
All members of the community are invited to join the BAC and serve as a volunteer board member. Board membership requires a commitment of 2 to 3 hours per month.
Brooklyn Helpline phone: (971) 222-9454
Brooklyn Action Corps
PO Box 42341
Portland, OR 97242
Board Meetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday every month at Sacred Heart Villa Community Room (3911 SE Milwaukie Ave) starting at 7:00 PM. Board meetings are open to the public.
General (Public) Meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday on odd-numbered months at Sacred Heart Villa Community Room (3911 SE Milwaukie Ave) starting at 7:00 PM.
Land Use & Transportation Committee Meetings are typically held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 PM. On some occasions, the date is adjusted to better align with Southeast Uplift’s Land Use & Transportation Committee meetings (typically held on the 3rd Monday of the month). Meetings are often held at Rose City Coffee (3370 SE Milwaukie Ave), though the location sometimes changes. Please check the calendar or Land Use & Transportation page for details.
Current Board of Directors
- Guy Berliner: Chair, Southeast Uplift Liaison
- Cheryl Crowe: Board Member
- Melaney Dittler: Board Member, Greater Brooklyn Business Association Liaison, and Land Use & Transportation Committee member
- Mike Erwin: Secretary
- Josh Hetrick: Vice Chair, Land Use & Transportation Committee Chair
- Joanna Jenkins: Board Member
- Michael O’Connor: Board Member
- Don Stephens: Treasurer, Historical Society Liaison, and Land Use & Transportation Committee member
- Tim Walsh: Board Member
- David Ward: Board Member
- Stuart Zeltzer: Board Member
- Marie Phillippi: Newsletter Editor