Brooklyn Action Corps
The Brooklyn Action Corps is a neighborhood organization whose purpose is to better the community by working together toward the solution of its social, physical, and economic problems. The Board is active in all that affects the greater good of the Neighborhood.
The BAC is responsible for two types of meetings: Board Meetings and General Membership Meetings. Board Meetings are held every month; General Meetings are scheduled six times a year.
All members of the community are invited to join the BAC and serve as a volunteer board member or committee member. Board membership requires a commitment of 2 to 3 hours per month. For board eligibility requirements and more info, please see the BAC bylaws.
To support the BAC, see our Donate page.
Brooklyn Action Corps
PO Box 42341
Portland, OR 97242
Board meetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday every month at Sacred Heart Fellowship Hall (3910 SE 11th Ave) starting at 7:00 PM. Board meetings are open to the public. You can also join remotely via Zoom using a computer, phone, or tablet.
General (public) meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday on odd-numbered months at Sacred Heart Fellowship Hall (3910 SE 11th Ave) starting at 7:00 PM. You can also join remotely via Zoom using a computer, phone, or tablet.
Committee meetings vary by committee, but typically occur at least monthly. Please see the calendar for details.
If you need accommodations for any meeting (such as ASL or other translation), please contact us in advance of the meeting to discuss.
Board of Directors
- Guy Berliner: Board member
- Cheryl Crowe: Board member
- Melaney Dittler: Vice Chair; Community Connections Committee Chair
- Josh Hetrick: Land Use & Transportation Committee Chair
- John Karabaic: Chair
- Andi Moore: Board member
- Myong O: Board member
- Marie Phillippi: Treasurer
- Stuart Zeltzer: Secretary
- Land Use & Transportation Commitee
- Equity & Social Justice Committee
- Community Connections Committee
- Brooklyn Historical Society: currently vacant
- Cascadia Action: currently vacant
- Central Eastside Industrial Council (CEIC) railroad and land use committees: Melaney Dittler
- Friends of Brooklyn Park: Melaney Dittler
- Greater Brooklyn Business Association (GBBA): Melaney Dittler
- Inner Powell Alliance: Melaney Dittler, Josh Hetrick
- Portland Neighbors for Diesel Action (PNDA): Guy Berliner
- Southeast Uplift: Stuart Zeltzer
- Southeast Uplift Land Use & Transportation Committee: Melaney Dittler, Josh Hetrick
- Marie Phillippi: Editor
- many volunteers: delivery