The Brooklyn Equity and Social Justice (ESJ) committee is a subcommittee of the Brooklyn Action Corps. The committee recognizes and acknowledges that the Brooklyn neighborhood is comprised of renters, BIPoC, LGBTQIA+, and those with disabilities. We seek to represent the diverse community of Brooklyn through education, inclusivity, and activism. The committee is dedicated to supporting anti-racism and social justice in our neighborhood and city. We listen to, organize around, advocate for, and make recommendations about issues at the intersections of racism and all other forms of injustice impacting our immediate community and the greater Portland community with intention and thoughtfulness.
Instagram: BAC on Instagram
The committee meets every three weeks on Sundays from 5:30pm to 7:00pm via Zoom. Contact the committee and check the online calendar for details.
- Kimberléa Ruffu: chair + collaborator; she/her/ella
- Bowie Twombly: collaborator; they/them or she/her
- Emma: collaborator; she/hers
- Janetta Deppa: former collaborator; she/her
- Don Stephens: former collaborator; he/him
- Emily Donaldson Walsh: former collaborator; she/her
- Timothy Walsh: former collaborator; she/her
- Yard Sale Fundraiser for Taking Ownership PDX, NAYA, and Pueblo Unido’ Summer 2020
- ESJ Community Building Outdoor Movie Night, “Coco”; October 2020
- Plant Pop Up, A fundraiser for Black Futures Farm & a Brooklyn BIPoC & LGBTQIA+ Resource Line; May 2021
- Pedalpalooza Mural Viewing Ride, Brooklyn Park to Portland Cá Phê; August 2021