A guide for new residents and those considering living here.
Welcome to Brooklyn! We hope you come to love Brooklyn as much as we do. Here is a list of what we like about our neighborhood
- 3 Parks: Brooklyn Park, Powell Park, and Brooklyn School Park
- Quiet, tree-lined streets
- 3 ways to access the neighborhood on pedestrian / bike only bridges
- A full schedule of neighborhood events throughout the year
- Conveniently located. Just a quick bike, bus, or a Max ride to downtown.
- Historic character, with some homes and buildings dating back to the 1800’s
- A thriving community garden, where you can adopt a plot
- A free summer program for children, run by the nonprofit Friends of Brooklyn Park
- Brooklyn includes 3 islands: Ross, Hardtack and East Islands
- A growing community; new dense residential developments popping up continually.
- A corps of dedicated neighborhood volunteers organizing events, delivering newsletters, beautifying streets and greenways, and more.
- A quaint and expanding business district where you can buy a piano, get your bike tuned up, shop for antiques, or get your flu and COVID vaccines at our pharmacy.
- 2 venues to enjoy music or comedy
- A variety of coffeeshops, tea emporiums, bars, wineries, distilleries, and restaurants where you can hang out with your neighbors
- One small food cart pod with another, larger one on the way
We have put together a packet of useful info. Click each link below.