We are following up on the unanswered questions.
We’re forming a joint committe with HAND to have a unified front.
There are two “community conversations” scheduled for this week, one on March 21, 2023 and one on March 23, 2023.
Local, non-paywalled coverage
- KOIN, by Jami Seymore: Neighbors of future Clinton Triangle call mass camp a ‘Band-Aid’ to homelessness
- Oregonian, by Nicole Hayden: Neighbors raise concerns about mass tent site planned for Central Eastside
- Portland Mercury, by Wm Steven Humphrey: Good Morning, News: Good Neighbors/Baaaaad Neighbors, Mayor’s Bullshit Claim Debunked, and Happy “Arrestmas” Eve (To Those Who Celebrate)
Mayor Wheeler made an appearance in Montavilla, too
- KGW, Devon Haskins, Mayor Wheeler attends town hall meeting in NE Portland, answers questions about city’s homeless crisis
- Oregonian, Austin De Dios (paywalled), Some Montavilla residents push back, mostly politely, against plans for alternative homeless shelters in SE Portland